2018 Intern Application
The Nolensville Farmer’s Market is looking to fill 1 internship for the 2018 market season. The Nolensville Farmer’s Market is held every Saturday between 8am - Noon at the Historic Nolensville School May-October.
Our market provides a venue for local farmers and vendors to sell their fresh, seasonal, produce and products directly to the Nolensville/South Nashville community. Market days are festive, community oriented events with live music, food trucks, and special market events. This internship will provide the opportunity to meet Tennessee farmers and producers along with small business owners and gain product knowledge and market experience; support local, sustainable agriculture; and obtain hands-on experience with community-organized projects and management.
Internship Position: Market Manager Assistant
· Must be a Junior or Senior in High School or College Student interested in Agriculture Business, Marketing, Event Planning, Entrepreneurship
· Must be able to provide one’s own transportation to and from the Market
· Requires a seasonal commitment on Saturday May through end of October with an additional week-day meeting.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Help set-up and/or break down the Market
· Help run the POS system for market tokens
· Facilitate operation of monthly market events
· Assist market manager
· Potentially help with newsletter creation and/or social media
· Potentially manage volunteer organization/special events
· Customer service skills
· Positive Attitude
· Ability to work outside in heat or rain